Reef Gateway Hotel Recyclable RegattaDate: 04/08/2019
Time: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Location: Airlie Beach Forehore, Airlie Beach, QLD, 4802
The Reef Gateway have come on-board to support the Great Barrier Reef Festival for 2019 and the Recyclable Regatta with all things ‘recyclable’. So join in the fun – make a raft out of recyclables and battle it out with the pirates on the high seas ! Great prizes and fun to be had for all ages. Arrr……. The Recyclable Regatta challenge is on!
Recyclable Regatta Rules
There will be two divisions, and the same raft can be used in both divisions:
- Open Age 13+
- Children Ages 6 – 12
- Maximum crew of 3
- Any type of oar/paddle can be used.
- The maximum size of the raft is 3m x 3m
- Raft to be made from recyclable materials (see list below)
Raft Course – Airlie Beach foreshore
The race will start from the Airlie Beach foreshore beach (at high tide at 1 pm), proceed around the markers and back, where all crew will be required to run to the finish line. The race is not complete until all crew members are over the line.
Build a raft from recycled materials, bottles, plastic pipes and other materials that would otherwise be dumped or recycled. Previous years have seen some great entries.
Specifically ALLOWED materials:
- Milk, juice, water, soft drink bottles
- Plastic drums
- Bamboo poles
- Plastic sheeting
Specifically NOT ALLOWED:
- Insulation foam, “Coolite”
- Parts of boats/canoes/kayaks
- Whole boats/canoes/kayaks or emergency flotation
- Anything that might wash-off, water based paints
- Anything that might “leach” contaminants into the ocean
Further information/advice on choice of materials please call/email Andrea Farley – 0407 798 876 or email@example.com