Magnum’s Magic MileDate: 06/08/2022
Time: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Main Street, Airlie Beach, QLD, 4802
The Magnum’s Magic Mile Run is back!
Hosted by the Whitsunday Running Club this popular event adds a fresh, fun element to an already exciting day. Anybody can get involved – you don’t have to be an athlete, perhaps just a little competitive, it’s all about having fun and joining in the festival and will be held on Airlie Beach main street cheered on by the locals and the patrons at Magnums as the runners pass by.
Let’s make this an iconic event for festival goers and running enthusiasts!
Events will include:
- Open male mile race
- Open female mile race
- Kids mini-mile (400m) – 6 – 10 yrs & 11 – 15 yrs
- Events will commence at 5 pm
- Register online, or on the day from 3 – 4pm at the Main Street Info Tent
- Adults $10
- Kids free
- Great Prizes for Winners, 2nd & 3rd:
- 1st Prize Open Male and Female – $250 cash each
- 2nd Prize Open Male and Female – $150 cash each
- 3rd Prize Open Male and Female – $100 cash each
- Kids 11-15 years – Various Vouchers
- Kids 6 – 10 years – various vouchers
About the mile run:
The history of the mile run event began in England which it was used as a distance for gambling races. It survived track and field’s switch to metric distances in the 1900’s and has retained its popularity to this day, with the chase for the four-minute mile in the 1950’s a high point for the race. The mile run remains the only imperial distance for which the IAAF records an official world record. The current mile world record holders are Morocco’s Hicham El Guerroui and Svetlana Masterkova of Russia.
For more info email: