Great Barrier Reef Festival ‘Master Reef Guided’ ExperienceDate: 04/08/2022
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Cruise Whitsundays Maritime Terminal, Port of Airlie, QLD, 4802
Learn from the Masters
Take a journey to the Outer Great Barrier Reef on this all-inclusive ‘one of a kind’ day tour, the only tour – hosted by 10* Master Reef Guides!
This limited tour will be closed to all other day guests, providing a boutique, intimate reef encounter for all those aboard on Cruise Whitsunday’s ‘Heart Pontoon’. Throughout this experience, guests will benefit from the knowledge and passion of our global treasure’s most ardent ambassadors.
Activities led by the Master Reef Guides will include snorkel safaris, semi-submersible adventures, Eye On The Reef monitoring experiences and practical, in-water photography and videography sessions.
This tour is for anyone passionate about the Great Barrier Reef or interested in a hands on learning experience, with 10 Master Reef Guides available to answer your questions and guide you during the activities you will truly be ‘learning from the masters’, there will be more experience than ever seen in one tour!
Departing from Airlie Beach, this is a full day tour exploring this World Heritage-listed wonder off the Queensland coast, journeying through the lush Whitsunday Islands watch out for migrating Humpback Whales on the way –but underwater is where the magic happens, incredible numbers of bright tropical fish and more than 1,400 species of coral await.
Heart Pontoon is the multilevel reef facility permanently moored 39 nautical miles from shore at spectacular Hardy Reef. Snorkel, swim, dive and explore – an undersea encounter with this amazing ecosystem is unforgettable. Rather stay dry? Experience the reef from the underwater observatory or take a ride in a semi-submarine. After a sumptuous buffet lunch, you’ll have more time to explore before you head back to shore with lifelong memories of this epic Australian icon and the Master Reef Guide tour.
only $220 per adult
only $110 per child (aged 4-14)
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Activities led by Master Reef Guides with 4 hours at Hardy Reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Optional activities (own expense): scuba diving and heli-scenic flights
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for a cool or windy day
- Cash/credit card for optional activities (guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving, heli-scenic flights)
Departs Airlie Beach @ 8am, returning 5 pm