Great Barrier Reef Festival Day TripDate: 04/08/2019
Time: 8:00 am - 6:15 pm
Location: Cruise Whitsundays Maritime Terminal, Port of Airlie, QLD, 4802
What better way to finish off the Great Barrier Reef Festival than with a trip to the Great Barrier Reef!
Hop on-board with our Platinum Sponsor Cruise Whitsundays for a day on the Great Barrier Reef at their ‘Heart Pontoon’. Departing from Airlie Beach, spend a full day exploring the Great Barrier Reef, the World Heritage-listed wonder off the Queensland coast. The journey here through the lush Whitsunday Islands will have you reaching for your camera – watch for migrating Humpback Whales – underwater is really where the magic happens, incredible numbers of bright tropical fish and more than 1,400 species of coral await.
Heart Pontoon is the multilevel reef facility permanently moored 39 nautical miles from shore at spectacular Hardy Reef. Snorkel, swim, dive and explore – an undersea encounter with this amazing ecosystem is unforgettable. Or if you’d rather stay dry, experience the reef from the underwater observatory or take a ride in a semi-submarine. After a sumptuous buffet lunch, you’ll have more time to explore before you head back to shore with lifelong memories of this epic Australian icon.
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- 4 hours at Hardy Reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving and heli-scenic flights
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for a cool or windy day
- Cash/credit card for optional activities (guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving, heli-scenic flights)
Departs Airlie Beach @ 8am, returning 6.10 pm
Great Barrier Reef Festival Special – Price only available via this booking site
Bookings are closed for this event.